Statement of Belief
STATEMENT OF BELIEF:
1. The divine inspiration and consequent authority of the whole canonical Scriptures as the inerrant and only Word of God.
2. The doctrine of the Trinity: God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. The fall of man and his consequent moral depravity and need for repentance and regeneration.
4. The atonement for sin through the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ:
• God, being perfectly merciful and perfectly just sent his Son in order to bear the punishment of our sin by his death on the cross.
• In his justice, God charged his Son who was perfect and sinless with our sin.
• In his mercy, God gave us his Son to die so that we who are worthy of damnation may be saved and have eternal life.
5. The doctrine of justification by faith:
• Our salvation lies in the forgiveness of our sins because of Jesus Christ. It is by him that we are righteous before God.
• We are justified by grace through faith in Christ. This gift of salvation is freely given. Therefore, we humbly recognize that salvation is not based on our merits, but on the complete work of Christ.
6. The regeneration and renewal of man through the work and presence of the Holy Spirit in his life.
7. The resurrection of the body both in the case of the just and the unjust.
8. The eternal life of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost, as described in Scripture.
9. The human sexual experience rightly expressed through covenant in marriage between one man and one woman.